From: Ken Anderson
To: www-validator-css@w3.org
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2007 5:34 PM
Subject: Validator Page Cannot Be Displayed for My Websites

Dear Sirs:

I have been validating my web pages using XHTML 1.0 (Transitional) and CSS 2.1 for at least two years.  Everything had been working fine.  When W3C made a change months ago to the CSS validator (now displaying a light blue validation box), CSS validation for my sites suddenly ceased to function.  I don't mean that my pages do not validate properly.  I mean that I simply get "the page cannot be displayed" when I insert any of my website URLs into the validator box:  www.tenspider.net, www.tenspider.com, www.vital-statistics.net or any of the other pages on my website.  I plug in the URL for a different website (not one of mine) and the validator works just fine.

This appears to be a domain issue.  It happens whether I go through the CSS button on my website, input manually, or validate another website and then simply substitute my URL.  Extremely frustrating.  Can you help?

(NOTES:  My web pages are generated using a PHP-based content management system of my own design.  I went to great lengths to insure that the CMS generates valid XHTML and CSS.  The suffix for my generated pages is ".html", not ".php".

Examples of validation strings I generate with my CMS (that don't work):
     http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http://www.tenspider.net%2Findex.html
     http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http://www.tenspider.net%2Fpets-animals%2Findex.html

Examples of alternate validation strings I have tried unsuccessfully:
     http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http://www.tenspider.net
     http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http://www.tenspider.com/
     http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http://www.vital-statistics.net/
     http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http://www.tenspider.net/
     http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http://www.tenspider.net/index.html
     http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http://www.tenspider.net/pets-animals/index.html

Example of a validation string that works:
     http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http://www.residual-rewards.com/

Thanks!

Sincerely,

Kenneth L. Anderson (Ken)
President, Ten Spider Enterprises
www.tenspider.net (home page)
www.tenspider.com
Email:  kanderva@comcast.net
Phone: (856) 691-7045

1671 Hubbard Lane
Vineland, New Jersey   08360-1910

The Ten Spider Enterprises website is an information metasite encompassing ten broad theme sets.  Established in February of 2003, it now comprises 398 pages of manually-edited information and resource links.  It is open for all to read.