Re: background-color not validating when it should

From: David Dorward <david@dorward.me.uk>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 00:14:57 +0000
To: Robert Mullaney <robert@easybusinessservices.com>
Cc: www-validator-css@w3.org

On Fri, Nov 17, 2006 at 10:32:48AM -0500, Robert Mullaney wrote:
>    We have tried using many variants to alleviate this warning but nothing
>    gets by it. The "background-color: transparent" specification should be
>    valid according to
>    http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/colors.html#background-properties

It is valid, you are getting a warning, not an error.

(The warning is because, under some circumstances that are not under
your control, a transparent background can result in the text in the
element being displayed against an unexpected background colour (which
may cause the text to be unreadable due to contrast issues).