background-color not validating when it should

From: Robert Mullaney <robert@easybusinessservices.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 10:32:48 -0500
To: <www-validator-css@w3.org>
We have elements in our CSS that should validate as per the CSS2

We used the following code that resulted in the validation warning.

a {

            color: #06f;

            background-color: transparent;

The warning raised was as follows.

Line : 131 (Level : 1) You have no background-color with your color : a

We have tried using many variants to alleviate this warning but nothing gets
by it. The "background-color: transparent" specification should be valid
according to http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/colors.html#background-properties

Correcting this apparently bogus warning or providing an explanation as to
why it does not validate would be appreciated.

Robert Mullaney

Easy Business Services <http://www.easybusinessservices.com/>

Phone: 239-242-6691 x 22