Re: wheat

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2006 05:55:04 +0100
To: Kenny Knecht <kenny.knecht@edpnet.be>
Cc: www-validator-css@w3.org

* Kenny Knecht wrote:
>I tried your CSS validator. It worked fine but it refused the color-name
>'wheat' although it is listed as valid color name in
>http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_colornames.asp and is accepted by most
>browser. The color name maroon is accepted though.
>Is this a bug or am I missing something?

The color name "wheat" is only allowed in certain profiles, in
particular, the CSS 1.0, and CSS 2.0 profiles do not include it; you
could try the experimental CSS 3.0 profile which might include some
support for http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-color/ which includes the color
keyword. If that does not work, the Validator does not support this part
of CSS Level 3 yet. Note that the CSS3 Color module is just a Candidate
Recommendation as yet, not a Recommendation like CSS 1.0 or CSS 2.0.