Adding properties to the CSS Validator code (Was: CSS-Validator Install)

Hello Suman,

On Jun 9, 2006, at 13:19, Suman wrote:
> If i want to modify the tool(For example:In the Background CSS
> Property i
> want to remove background-attachment value property) where i have to
> do.I
> want to add new CSS properties to the requirement of tool.

I am curious why you want to do this - the tool as distributed tries as
much as possible to stick to the CSS specifications, meaning that
modifications you would make would get you away from actually checking
standard CSS.

Anyway, there is a couple of documents that could be of use to you, in
particular:

http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/README.html
has an overview of the classes of the validator, and a good starting
point to browsing the source in context

http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/HOWTO.html
has some info on creating new properties.

Hope this helps.
--
olivier