Re: A suggestion to improve the validator

From: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 08:37:24 +1100
To: magick <jasper.magick@gmail.com>
CC: www-validator-css@w3.org

magick wrote:
> From: Kravvitz <Kravvitz@DynamicSiteSolutions.com>
> Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 15:40:18 -0500
>
>> The warning is triggered by the following code.

> I guess I'll have to use long-hand syntax instead of short-hand syntax
> when refering to "font"

Yes, the problem with the font property is that according to the syntax,
you need to specify at least a font-size and a font-family, and that any
font-weight, -style or -variant needs to be before the size.  So the
above was actually setting the font-size to 18px and a font named "bold"
(which is likely to be non-existent for most users).

Also note that you should generally avoid specifying font-sizes in
pixels for accessibility reasons.  It prevents IE users from resizing
the text at all.

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/