Re: CSS Validation warning: You have no background-color with your color;

On 21 Feb 2006, at 21:07, Jukka K. Korpela wrote:

> Anyway, the FAQ entry
> http://www.websitedev.de/css/validator-faq#color
> explains the issue, though rather compactly:
> "If you don't specify color and  background-color at the same level
> of specifity, your style sheet might clash with user style sheets."
> Besides, it's not the whole truth.

The FAQ could probably be updated to
- mention in more details the fact that the warning is not one of
conformance to CSS, but one of accessibility.
- stress the fact that it is a suggestion, not an error (somebody
today told me that it would make fewer people ill at ease if the
wording was less harsh)
- mention that the problem could be caused by cascading, maybe give a
short example

Bjoern, do you like this idea? Anyone interested in drafting a
wording for the extended section?

--
olivier