CSS validator bugs

From: Matt Bower <mbower@learningchange.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 14:20:47 -0800
To: www-validator-css@w3.org
Hi,

I've accumulated a few CSS validator bugs that I think need to be
addressed:

 using line-height with only an integer throws an error (CSS: line-
height: 1; ERROR: Invalid number : line-height Parse Error - [empty
string]). Converting to a floating point number (line-height: 1.0;)
fixes. Should be able to accept integers without a decimal.

 "transparent" is not allowed in border shorthand declaration (CSS:
border: 1px solid transparent; ERROR: Invalid number : border
transparent is not a color value : 1px solid transparent).
"transparent" is however accepted as part of border-color: transparent;

 "inline-block" is not a recognized value for display (CSS: display:
inline-block; ERROR: Invalid number : display inline-block is not a
display value : inline-block). To my knowledge, inline-block is
acceptable despite that not all browsers recognize it.

Thanks.

Matt Bower
Webmaster/Designer/Programmer
mbower@learningchange.com