Re: CSS validation, contingent upon HTML validation?

From: David Dorward <david@dorward.me.uk>
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2006 22:31:45 +0100
To: Trevor Pierce <pierce.trevor@gmail.com>
Cc: www-validator-css@w3.org

On Fri, 2006-04-07 at 10:08 -0500, Trevor Pierce wrote:
> The CSS refuses to validate. I receive the same message each time:
>
> To work as intended, your CSS style sheet needs a correct document
> parse tree. This means you should use valid HTML.

The message is not saying that the HTML document is not valid, nor is it
saying that the CSS is not valid. It is just saying that you should
ensure your HTML is valid too.

(I read the mailing list, please direct responses there and do not CC
me. Thanks)

--
David Dorward                           <http://dorward.me.uk/>
"Anybody remotely interesting is mad, in some way or another."