Re: CSS validator report has changed

From: Jens Brueckmann <jens.brueckmann@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 03:15:49 +0200
To: www-validator-css@w3.org
Cc: "rouel@essi.fr" <rouel@essi.fr>

> The message you talk about warns you about this possible kind of problems,
> even if your html document does not have this structure. This is a "be
> careful" warning.

It is quite useful for authors to be warned of possible problems with
respect to WCAG.
It would be even more useful if these warnings would include a
reference to said specifications and guidelines.

Example:

There are three possible warnings when only one colour is specified -

  # You have no background-color with your color
  # You have no color with your background-color
  # Same colors for color and background-color in two contexts

These warnings will be a lot more helpful if linked to

[WCAG 1.0] http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10/#gl-color
[WCAG 1.0 CSS TECHNIQUES]
http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10-CSS-TECHS/#style-color-contrast

or at least to the CSS Validator FAQ at
http://www.websitedev.de/css/validator-faq#color

Thus I would like to suggest the inclusion of more detailed warnings
and error messages.

Cheers
--
Jens Brueckmann