malformed URL that cannot be parsed by the server

From: Web Wise Wizard <HadleyG@web-wise-wizard.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 02:08:14 -0000
To: <www-validator-css@w3.org>
I have recently started validating my pages for CSS errors and I think
the W3C validator is great.

To let users see (and check for themselves) I have placed the W3C CSS
logo at the bottom of all my pages using the referer URL recommended on
your site and it works fine.
http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/check/referer

However, when I use the W3C link checker it returns the following error:

 <http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/check/referer>
http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/check/referer

What to do: Usually the sign of a malformed URL that cannot be parsed by
the server.

Response status code: 400
Response message: Bad Request

Line: 406

Is there anything that can be done about this or am I doing something
wrong? It has been suggested to me that this is a fault on the W3C
server.

Your assistance would be appreciated.

http://www.web-wise-wizard.com/

--
This email has passed through an IE Internet MailWall gateway
and has been screened for known viruses, potential viruses and

IE Internet.com MailWall (http://ieinternet.com/mailwall/)