Re: transparent no color?

From: Cyber Dog <cyberdog3k@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 03:34:37 -0500
To: Alexander Seppälä <teppele@gmail.com>
Cc: www-validator-css@w3.org

On 12/28/05, Alexander Seppälä <teppele@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does the validator think that transparent is no color? Is that right or am I
> wrong?
>
>  Line : 65 (Level : 1) You have no background-color with your color : h1.top
>
>  h1.top {
>    position: absolute;
>    left: 50px;
>    top: 12px;
>    color: rgb(192, 192, 192);
>    background-color: transparent;
>  }
>
>                 Alex

Transparent is a valid attribute for background-color.  The reason the
validator issues a warning is because some consider it "bad technique"
to do so.  This issue has been discussed at length on the list in the
past, please check the list archives:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-validator-css/