Re: CSS Validator Bug

* bcerhart@bcerhart.com wrote:
>There is a bug in the validator. This CSS is validating fine, unless I
>use the referer (http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/check/referer/):
>
>body { font-family: monospace; margin: 0; padding: 0 }
>
>.header { width: 100% }
>.center, .left { border-right: 1px solid #000 }
>.center, .left, .right { text-align: center }
>.container { padding: 10px 50px }
>.footer { text-align: center }
>.left, .right { width: 25% }
>.logo { width: 315px }
>.logo a img { border: 0 }
>.main { margin: 5px 0 10px; width: 100% }
>.navigate { text-align: right; white-space: nowrap }
>.navigate input { border: 1px solid #000; font-family: monospace }
>.page { width: 100% }

You'd typically have a link to /check/referer in a HTML document, which
means the CSS Validator will check the document (if it's XHTML) for
well-formedness and check all style sheets for the document, which might
contribute additional semantics to the style sheet like information
about for which media the style sheet is meant to be used. Could you
make a simple test document where this is the only style sheet and tell
us the address of it so we can reproduce this problem?