Re: error in validation

On Fri, Aug 05, 2005 at 12:22:00PM +0100, Stuart Nicholls wrote:

> I would just like to point out what I think is an error
> in validation.
> The validator throws up an error when using:
> display:inline-block;

Did you select the CSS 2.1 Profile? Since it doesn't exist that would
be rather tricky :)

The CSS Validator does not currently support CSS 2.1 because:

(a) Nobody has written a profile for it (feel free to write one and submit it)
and
(b) Its a working draft and subject to change

> The style is recognised by Internet Explorer.

I think you'll find that it isn't, but that IE is buggy and gives
inline elements many characteristics of blocks.