Re: Error with CSS validator

From: Christoph Schneegans <Christoph@Schneegans.de>
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 21:51:45 GMT
To: <www-validator-css@w3.org>

Stéphanie Desrochers wrote:

> Target: http://w3.oqlf.gouv.qc.ca/formulaires/toponymie/index3.html
>
> Please, validate your XML document first!
>
> Line 1
>
> Column 1
>
> Content is not allowed in prolog.

Your document contains an UTF-8 byte order mark, but its HTTP
"Content-Type" header does not declare the character encoding, see
<http://web-sniffer.net/?url=http://w3.oqlf.gouv.qc.ca/formulaires/toponymie/index3.html>.
The CSS validator obviously doesn't like this combination. I think that
your document is fine, but I don't know how you could satisfy the CSS
validator since it's not that easy to generate HTTP headers for static
files with the IIS server.

--
<http://schneegans.de/>                                              |