validator vs. apache's content negotiation

From: scragz <scragz@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 00:47:14 -0800
To: www-validator-css@w3.org

I'm getting grief from a client because the CSS validator is giving
errors on his site [1]. The problem is that I have PHP parse the
stylesheets because I'm lazy and don't want to deal with all of the
cross-browser hacks when PHP can do a simple UA detect; so the files
are named "style.css.php", etc. I use Apache's content negotiation [2]
to make the <link> be to "style.css" so no-one gets weirded out by
the .php suffix. Every browser handles this fine and I can't tell why
the validator doesn't.

[1] http://tinyurl.com/682ge
[2] http://httpd.apache.org/docs/content-negotiation.html

--