Possible Bug Report

From: Mitch Malone <MitchMalone@mailblocks.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2004 23:12:17 -0700
To: www-validator-css@w3.org

I have recently checked all my stylesheets and webpages for
compatibility. They all passed, but once I put the icons with the
referer links on my webpage they failed.

Pass:
http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=weblog.bananasontoast.org&usermedium=all
Fail: http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/check/referer (from clicking
the link on the bottom left at http://weblog.bananasontoast.org/
webpage)

This makes no sense. Not to mention that the errors given...

    * Line: 0 Context : #banner-bar a:hover

       Invalid number : background Too many values or values are not
recognized : #5a7a91 url("./swirl.gif") no-repeat 5px center
    * Line: 0 Context : .themeicon

       Invalid number : background Too many values or values are not
recognized : url("./theme.png") no-repeat center 4px

....make no sense either, considering that in the w3schools CSS
Tutorials (http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_background.asp) it clearly
says that it should be in the format of...

     background: background-color background-image background-repeat
background-attachment background-position

....and this is the exact format I use...

     background: #5a7a91              url("./swirl.gif")       no-repeat
                                                      5px center

Hoping I have found a useful bug or you can provide me with a
reason/solution.

- Mitch