Re: [Moderator Action] problem with background color checking.

On Mon, 2002-03-18 at 16:07, Hujik, Brett wrote:
> When trying to check a style sheet the validator keeps stating that I do not
> have a background color.  Below are the warnings returned by the CSS
> Validator and also the corresponding sections from the style sheet. AS you
> can see these do have colors specified. If the error being returned by the
> validator is because the colors are not browser safe colors ( I have not
> checked this yet),  then the warning message should specify this.

First, note that the messages are warnings, not errors. In other words,
it is not an error to keep your CSS file as it is currently defined.

Regarding the warning, have a look at:
http://www.websitedev.de/css/validator-faq
"Why does the validator complain You have no background-color with your
color?"

Philippe