CSS validation

From: Guerric Harmel <reginusoft@free.fr>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 16:48:31 +0100
To: www-validator-css@w3.org
Dear Philippe and Sijfsche
1) first of all : happy new year; or as we say in Corsica: Pace & Salute.
2) Trying to validate one of my CSS, I get from your validator engine:
URI : http://reginusoft.free.fr/regi.css
Then:
#texte width property:55% does'nt exist.
3) don't worry, I found the solution (just removed the width property) and the pages are validated (both html & css) and are wall rendered under both Geko engine (K-meleon) and IE5.5
4) I don't understand why your validation engine requests systematically a background-color, as it does not seem do be mandatory in the specs.
Thanks for your fine job.
Best regards
Guerric Harmel