How current is the validator supposed to be?

From: Jesse McCarthy <mccarthy36@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 10:12:17 -0400
To: www-validator-css@w3.org
Hi,

    I was wondering how current the CSS validator is supposed to be, e.g. is it
    supposed to reflect just the actual specification, or corrections made in
    the errata?  The specific problem that I'm having right now is that the
    validator is reporting en error when I use an underscore ("_") in an
    identifier.  According to the CSS 2 spec, underscore would only be allowed
    in escaped form, but the errata states that "The underscore should be
    allowed in identifiers."  I can see that this correction was made
    relatively recently.  I would very much like to see it incorporated into
    the validator.

Thanks,
Jesse McCarthy