Re: New CSS Validator and sources

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 01:42:06 +0200
To: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Cc: www-validator-css@w3.org
* Philippe Le Hegaret wrote:
>* Now, if you use a XHTML 1.0 FPI, the validator wants
>  the absolute W3C XHTML 1.0 FSI.

Hm, I didn't look at the code but this stopped valid URIs like
http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/REC-xhtml1-20000126/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd
working. Btw: "Please, fix your system identifier (URI) in the DOCTYPE
rule." - this should be a bit more comprehensive, i.e. it should say
that it might point to a wrong location and that one should point to the
W3C server for the DTD.

Does Xerces fetch the DTD each time again? Maybe it would a good idea to
use a local copy of common DTDs; I was told Xerces has an option to
support this.