New CSS Validator and sources

From: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 11:35:20 -0400
To: www-validator-css@w3.org

I updated the online version of the validator.

* Removed broken links to the XML validator.
* Added xml-stylesheet support
* Fixed authentification
* Changed the style of the results/errors
  the validated CSS in in a list.
* XHTML 1.0 output results for en, fr, and de.
  I wonder if someone is going to write an XSL to
  process the output...
  I checked XHTML 1.0 validity for en but not the
  rest. hope it's ok.
* Now, if you use a XHTML 1.0 FPI, the validator wants
  the absolute W3C XHTML 1.0 FSI.
  (if you want to put the XHTML 1.0 DTD on your site,
   don't use the XHTML 1.0 FPI.)
* Added a minimal XML Entity Resolution catalog (based
  on a working draft from the TC): no, FPI will never be
  supported by the CSS Validator!
  (for the moment, only XHTML 1.0 W3C FSI are in the catalog)
* Fixed the command line version.
  Didn't package it yet for the download page. I need to
  produce a jar file with sax and xerces included.

Sources are available at:
http://www.w3.org/2001/05/05-19-cssvalidator.zip

Don't download it if you're not willing to spend time to compile
it. Makefile are deprecated, no configure script and other
helpful stuffs. javac **/*java must work.
You'll need sax and xerces to compile it.
Some of these sources are 4 years old and were also used for testing
(XML/CSS format, SVG, ATSC, CSS3, ...). Well, Sitschje managed to
understand them so I guess it's not so bad.

Leaving for Germany (XML Europe 2001) today. Send an email directly
if it doesn't work.

Have fun,

Philippe