CSS Validation

From: ole yearian <ole_yearian@convene.com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 12:47:29 -0700
To: <www-validator-css@w3.org>
I'm confused about several things in the CSS Validator.

1) Whenever one of my stylesheets sets the "color" attribute for a
selector, I get a warning that I ". . . have not set the
background-color" attribute as well. That's by design, of course! I
almost *never* want to set the background-color attribute, save for the

2) The validator never states how many (if any) errors it finds. It just
spits back a "validated version" of my stylesheet. 99% of the time, this
is identical to the input version, save that the ouput has stripped "px"
off my margin and padding attributes. Unless I'm hopelessly out-of-date,
adding "px" (to indicate pixels) is better practice than just relying on
the default!

Ole E. Yearian
Lead Programmer,
Professional Services