Is the CSS validator broken?

From: Lesli Schauf <Lesli.Schauf@THINQ.com>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 11:09:06 -0700
To: "'www-validator-css@w3.org'" <www-validator-css@w3.org>
Hello,

For the past week I've been regularly checking my personal site through the
online CSS validator at

http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator-uri.html

I tried both through the http-check links on my pages, and by coming
directly to the validator and typing in the URL. In both cases I would get a
blank page that sported the title "CSS Validator: Error". I have a Perl
command to select the stylesheet based on the user OS platform and browser,
so I didn't know if that was causing the errors - so I checked using one of
my pages that has only fixed stylesheet calls, not user-dependent or
conditional calls. I still got the error message. I even tried checking the
W3C's Style page, and also got the CSS Validator error page.

Is the online validator experiencing problems?

 - Lesli Schauf