Re: Is the CSS validator broken?

* Lesli Schauf wrote:

[quoting repaired]

>* Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
>>* Lesli Schauf wrote:
>>>I tried both through the http-check links on my pages, and by coming
>>>directly to the validator and typing in the URL. In both cases I would get
>>>blank page that sported the title "CSS Validator: Error". I have a Perl
>>>command to select the stylesheet based on the user OS platform and browser,
>>>so I didn't know if that was causing the errors - so I checked using one of
>>>my pages that has only fixed stylesheet calls, not user-dependent or
>>>conditional calls. I still got the error message. I even tried checking the
>>>W3C's Style page, and also got the CSS Validator error page.
>>>
>>>Is the online validator experiencing problems?
>>
>>URI?
>
>http://sirocco.tlm.com
>
>and any of the pages on this subdomain.

You claim it's valid XHTML (through the logo at the bottom of the page)
but it isn't. You are using something like <a href="..."title="">...</a>
This is legal SGML (HTML), but XML (XHTML) requires a whitespace
character between attribute specifications. The HTML Validator doesn't
catch this, due to a limitation in the XML support of the used SGML
parser. We are working on that, stay tuned ;-)