Re: CSS Validator HELL ;-(

From: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 10:34:45 +0100
To: "Steve" <smain@home.com>, <www-validator-css@w3.org>
Steve,

At 18:44 -0500 2001-03-18, Steve wrote:
>Maybe you can help me... I'm pulling out what little is left of my hair...
>I just tried validating a style sheet (see results below), and I have
>2 simple questions.....
>
>1. What the hell does this error message mean?
>You have no background-color with your color

First of all,
It's a warning message and not an error message. A warning is just
here to inform that you could have problem in another validation
area, like for example accessibility.

See Color Contrast in
http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10-CSS-TECHS/#style-color-contrast

>2. How do I eliminate it?
>
>This seems to be the only error I'm getting (over and over and over),
>and I have tried EVERYTHING I could think of to eliminate it.
>
>Sorry to bother you, but I could find no FAQ regarding error messages
>for the validator on your site.

You're right, we're working on more explicit error messages and a
kind of online help to explain the issues.

HiH!

--
Karl Dubost / W3C - Conformance Manager
           http://www.w3.org/QA/