Re: Validator error...

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2001 15:33:54 +0200
To: JOHN <john@kaxo.com>
Cc: <www-validator-css@w3.org>
* JOHN wrote:
>I'm receiving an error while attempting to validate my CSS
>
>the error reads as follows:
>
>I/O Error: Unknown mime type : application/x-pointplus
>
>the file I'm attempting to validate is at http://www.kaxo.com/style.css

Please contact your admin to set text/css as MIME type for CSS
documents.

>after pasting in the text I realize that the CSS doesn't quite validate
>(though the CSS validator is nowhere near as helpful in this respect as the
>HTML validator - the errors I'm getting make no sense and give no
>explanation),

Some examples?

>but mainly I'm as much in the dark as your validator as to
>what this mysterious mime-type of "x-pointplus" is.

I dunno either, but that's what your server returns:

% http-head http://www.kaxo.com/style.css
HTTP/1.0 200 Document follows
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2001 13:33:34 GMT
Server: ConcentricHost-Ashurbanipal/1.7 (Pacific Bell Internet Services)
Last-modified: Wed, 04 Jul 2001 17:53:26 GMT