validators hang when referred from private address space

From: Scott C Ream <sream@softhome.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 08:11:06 -0700
To: www-validator-css@w3.org, www-validator@w3.org
Hi,
  I have apache installed on a gateway machine.  When I access the site
internally with http://192.168.0.1 and hit the check button for html 4.01 or
css it hangs because the w3c machine is searching for referrer 192.168.0.1
which of course it can't find.  Not a big deal but a bug nonetheless.  The
scripts could be modified so that if 'referrer' is numeric then check it is
not in the private address spaces.  Thanks for providing a great service!!!

Scott Ream
sream@softhome.net

I don't subscribe to these lists so cc all replies to me