CSS Bug in HTML page produced by your server - Negative positions

From: Andreas Schlapbach <schlpbch@iam.unibe.ch>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 17:48:03 +0200
To: www-validator-css@w3.org
Dear CSS_Validator team

I've been using your validator a lot to debug the cssparser in konqueror, and
I've written a plugin to konqueror to directly call your server. After
fiddeling around in the konqueror code, I've come to believe that I've found
a bug in a page generated by the server.

Try to validate this page

http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/css/reference/attributes.asp

Will lead to miserable results in mozilla and konqueror.

IMHO opinion, this is CSS Bug in the page generated, and not a rendering bug.

http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http%3A//msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/css/reference/attributes.asp

     .t1 {
       color: silver;
       text-align: center;
       font: bold 10em Times, serif;
       text-shadow: 0.2em 0.2em;
      }

      .t2 {
       color: rgb(0, 90, 156);
       text-align: center;
       margin-top: -9em;		<<<<<<<<<<
       font: italic 6em Times, serif;	<<<<<<<<<<
       text-shadow: 0.2em 0.2em;
      }

The Position of  'Validator' is in my understanding of the specs not on the
screen:

-9 + 6 = -3.

Margin is relative to the div-block.

Please fix or find a solution (I know that netscape displays it fine, but
I've got no clue how they interprete the specs.)

Andreas