CSS Bug in HTML page produced by your server - Negative positions

From: Andreas Schlapbach <schlpbch@iam.unibe.ch>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 17:48:03 +0200
To: www-validator-css@w3.org
Dear CSS_Validator team

I've been using your validator a lot to debug the cssparser in konqueror, and
I've written a plugin to konqueror to directly call your server. After
fiddeling around in the konqueror code, I've come to believe that I've found
a bug in a page generated by the server.

Try to validate this page

Will lead to miserable results in mozilla and konqueror.

IMHO opinion, this is CSS Bug in the page generated, and not a rendering bug.

     .t1 {
       color: silver;
       text-align: center;
       font: bold 10em Times, serif;
       text-shadow: 0.2em 0.2em;

      .t2 {
       color: rgb(0, 90, 156);
       text-align: center;
       margin-top: -9em;		<<<<<<<<<<
       font: italic 6em Times, serif;	<<<<<<<<<<
       text-shadow: 0.2em 0.2em;

The Position of  'Validator' is in my understanding of the specs not on the

-9 + 6 = -3.

Margin is relative to the div-block.

Please fix or find a solution (I know that netscape displays it fine, but
I've got no clue how they interprete the specs.)