Postponing June WAP/W3C Device Independent Workshop

From: Daniel Dardailler (danield@w3.org)
Date: Fri, May 26 2000

    From: Daniel Dardailler <danield@w3.org>
    To: www-tv@w3.org
    Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 11:21:28 +0200
    Subject: Postponing June WAP/W3C Device Independent Workshop

    Hello all,

    after consultation with the WAP/W3C coordination group and as chair of
    the WAP/W3C Device Independent Workshop, I've decided to postpone it.

    To main reasons:
     - the deadline for Position paper submission is passed (24/05) and
     I only have received 4 or 5 position papers. That's obviously
     not enough.

     - during the past 2 weeks being in Amsterdam (WWW9, W3C AC meeting),
     I met with a several groups/people that are doing exactly the kind of work
     in the area (content transformation) I've been looking feeback from,
     and they weren't aware of the workshop at all (and it's too late for
     them to go there).

    This calls for more outreach, more networking and therefore a delay.

    The next WAP Forum f2f dates are September in Honk Kong and December
    in Munich. I encourage people to send me feedback on their preferences
    and I will announce the new venue in due time.

    Daniel Dardailler