   From: hardie@equinix.com [mailto:hardie@equinix.com]
   Sent: Monday, November 29, 1999 1:51 PM
   To: jeff.sussna@quokka.com
   Cc: hardie@equinix.com
   Subject: Re: TV Broadcast URI Schemes Requirements

   > So far as I know, there is no one in the country who cares about
   > watching Channel 2/Sunday/9:00pm.  However, lots of people want to
   > watch the X-Files.  What people want identified is the content, not
   > the time slot.

   A minor nit: Advertisers, who provide ancillary content, may purchase
   time in this fashion.  They commonly do so in order to "blanket" a
   series of channels with the same advertisement at the same time.  They
   also commonly want to check that the advertisement did, in fact, occur
   at the stated time.

   A tiny market, I grant you, but one that cares a *lot*.

   (Private response, but feel free to discuss on the public list)

			   regards,
				   Ted Hardie