Re: Fwd:HTTP server driven content negotiation

At 07:57 3/8/99 -0800, Michael A. Dolan wrote:

>I understand.  My thinking was that one could use/invent Request fields
>that might be useful.  For example:
>
>	Vary X-profile1
>or
>	Vary Accept x-profiles/1
>
>I've probably buggered the syntax up a little, but you get the idea...

Ah - OK, but that would require that the recipient (a cache) knows these
headers. If there is no cache then vary doesn't make much sense. I was
under the impression that there were no cache anticipated in your model (or
at least not a cache that would have to deal with different client profiles
in which case broadcast doesn't seem to make sense in the first place).

Or am I missing something?

Henrik
--
Henrik Frystyk Nielsen,