RE: (MOB)HTML - Merge on browser HTML (was SDPML)

Hi Hannes, thanks for your message.

The application would still continue to do what it does, in
sending only the content appropriate to the user and their context
Within the application. That doesn't change.

What (MOB)HTML says is 'hey application server, you don't need to
know how the data is displayed, just give me the content, give me a
link to a template and I'll put them together at the client side.
so
	*the application server doesn't have to do as much as it did before
	as the rendering part of the web page production pipeline is moved
	to the client and this brings efficiencies.

	* As the template is not going to change, this can be served by a
	just a simple web server

	* and now that the application server and how the page looks are
separated,
	The two can changed almost independently of each other.

Agreed about Google, that's why I'm writing a server side rendering piece
which brings the rendering back to the app server for browsers that don't
support
This new way of doing things and present regular HTML to them. In time, with

adoption of MOBHTML, I'd like to think that search engines would be able to
Do the rendering at their end. I'd certainly be happy to write a plug-in for
google.

Thanks for the constructive comments, I was beginning to think this forum
was dead, or
worse full of cynics.

Sunil Vanmullem
www.paglis.co.uk