Re: IE6 and Cache-Control headers

From: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 08:33:19 -0800
Cc: www-talk@w3.org
To: anzenews@volja.net

Cache implementations are not *required* to cache things when they're
cacheable; they're only required to not cache them when they're
uncacheable. Some browser cache implementations (not just IE) are quite
simplistic and/or conservative, so they may not cache a lot of things
that other caches will.

Cheers,