Re: HTTP/1.1 Chunked Transfer Encoding

From: <michael_pacey@standardlife.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 11:15:42 +0100
To: nferrier@kanga.tapsellferrier.co.uk
Cc: www-talk@w3.org

On 24/10/2003 10:56:15 nferrier wrote:

>I an't see the rest of your question but I think your J2EE server has
>a broken chunked encoding implementation because the first chunk
>starts only after the headers have been sent.

Thanks for your reply.

The rest of my message was:

"Is this the correct behaviour for chunked transfer? I am surprised to see
these headers in the chunk.
Thanks for any advice. Please note I am not subscribed to the list."

I think it got chopped off because I put a few full stops indicate the
vertical equivalent of "..." and "." means end of data in SMTP! Buggy
mailing list software?

My problem is we have a customer who can't interpret this chunk, but also a
java client using third-party HTTP libraries which DOES interpret the chunk
properly! I think we have a bug, my colleagues think the bug lies with the

Who is right?

For more information on Standard Life, visit our website

The Standard Life Assurance Company, Standard Life House, 30 Lothian Road,
Edinburgh EH1 2DH, is registered in Scotland (No. SZ4) and regulated by the
Financial Services Authority. Tel: 0131 225 2552 - calls may be recorded or
monitored. This confidential e-mail is for the addressee only. If received
in error, do not retain/copy/disclose it without our consent and please
return it to us. We virus scan and monitor all e-mails but are not
responsible for any damage caused by a virus or alteration by a third party
after it is sent.