Re: HTTP/1.1 Chunked Transfer Encoding

On 24/10/2003 10:56:15 nferrier wrote:

<snip>
>I an't see the rest of your question but I think your J2EE server has
>a broken chunked encoding implementation because the first chunk
>starts only after the headers have been sent.

Thanks for your reply.

The rest of my message was:

"Is this the correct behaviour for chunked transfer? I am surprised to see
these headers in the chunk.
Thanks for any advice. Please note I am not subscribed to the list."

I think it got chopped off because I put a few full stops indicate the
vertical equivalent of "..." and "." means end of data in SMTP! Buggy
mailing list software?

My problem is we have a customer who can't interpret this chunk, but also a
java client using third-party HTTP libraries which DOES interpret the chunk
properly! I think we have a bug, my colleagues think the bug lies with the
customer?

Who is right?

Thanks!

For more information on Standard Life, visit our website
http://www.standardlife.com/

The Standard Life Assurance Company, Standard Life House, 30 Lothian Road,
Edinburgh EH1 2DH, is registered in Scotland (No. SZ4) and regulated by the
Financial Services Authority. Tel: 0131 225 2552 - calls may be recorded or
monitored. This confidential e-mail is for the addressee only. If received
in error, do not retain/copy/disclose it without our consent and please
return it to us. We virus scan and monitor all e-mails but are not
responsible for any damage caused by a virus or alteration by a third party
after it is sent.