Re: SAC startSelector

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 13:27:05 +0200
To: Mathew McBride <matt@mcbridematt.dhs.org>
Cc: www-talk@w3.org

* Mathew McBride wrote:
>I'm trying to parse CSS found in HTML pages with SAC. I am using the CSS
>parser found within Batik 1.5 Beta2.
>
>Here is the CSS I use as my testbed:
>
>span {
>text-decoration: bold;
>}
>
>And my other testbed, from chrome://content/html.css in Mozilla
>
>A { font-size: 12px; }
>
>In case 2, font-size gets passed onto property(), but in case 1,
>text-decoration is passed onto startSelector().
>
>Is this a bug? Does it occur with the Flute parser?
>
>In more detail, text-decoration is created as a selector with a name of
>"text-decoration:bold". Obviously, I can't expect to find out attributes
>by xxx.equals("text-decoration:bold").

Are you sure this isn't the result of parse errors preceding the fule?
I'm running a one month old CVS snapshot of their CSS Parser (converted
to C#) and I am unable to reproduce this problem with

  span {
    text-decoration: bold;
  }

as the complete style sheet. Btw., note that in order to support
pseudo-elements, in org.apache.batik.css.parser.Parser.parseSelector

  pseudoElement = null;

needs to be removed.