RE: What is at the end of the namespace?

From: Leigh Dodds <ldodds@ingenta.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 10:16:41 -0000
To: "Andy Powell" <a.powell@ukoln.ac.uk>
Cc: <www-talk@w3.org>

> So, I'll ask the same question I asked a few days back...  if I make an
> RDF statement about http://www.w3.org/2001/SMIL20/, am I making a
> statement about the abstract SMIL namespace or am I making a statement
> about the HTML page that the uri resolves to?

FWIW, I'd say the HTML page.

What statements would you want to make about a namespace?

You mention the dc:creator of the namespace, but wouldn't it
be more logical to make a statement about the schema, or vocabulary
which defines that namespace?

I think the most I'd say about a namespace is that it is an
identifier.

L.

--
Leigh Dodds, Research Group, Ingenta | "Pluralitas non est ponenda
http://weblogs.userland.com/eclectic |    sine necessitate"