Re: What is at the end of the namespace?

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 10:16:07 -0500 (EST)
To: a.powell@ukoln.ac.uk (Andy Powell)
Cc: sean@mysterylights.com (Sean B. Palmer), Patrick.Stickler@nokia.com (Patrick Stickler), www-talk@w3.org, uri@w3.org
> If I make an RDF statement about
> http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#, am I making a statement about
> a conceptual namespace, or about the RDFS resource that is at that URI?

You're always making a statement about the resource identified by the URI,
not any particular representation thereof.  So the answer is the former.

> In either case, how do I make a statement about the other one?

If the resource chooses to identify individual representations separately
via the Content-Location header, then make the statement about that URI.

From RFC 2616, section 14.14

   The Content-Location entity-header field MAY be used to supply the
   resource location for the entity enclosed in the message when that
   entity is accessible from a location separate from the requested
   resource's URI. A server SHOULD provide a Content-Location for the
   variant corresponding to the response entity; especially in the case
   where a resource has multiple entities associated with it, and those
   entities actually have separate locations by which they might be
   individually accessed, the server SHOULD provide a Content-Location
   for the particular variant which is returned.

MB
--
Mark Baker, CSO, Planetfred.
Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA.