Re: WWW: Interoperability Crisis?

Brian Milloy <bmilloy@interlog.com> wrote:

>> I don't know anyone with a disability, so I don't see why I should care
>> about them. They can't be that important, right? Why don't they just ask a
>> friend to tell them what stuff looks like? It's there problem, not mine.
>
> I too, hesitated briefly about whether or not to dignify the above comment
> with a response.

Just to be sure, I am seriously playing the Devil's Advocate here. I do not
agree with the position stated above -- I simply stated it for the sake of
argument.

> Where the devil is this man's humanity? How sad and self-centered.

I'm sorry, but there are so many things wrong in the world and we only have
time to do so much. For many people, making their site accessible to the
blind comes toward the bottom of the list. It's just plain hard to justify
the extra work that needs to be done.

You can call it self-centered, but business just calls it profitable.