Re: Enforce reloading of page when using the back-button

From: William F. Hammond <hammond@csc.albany.edu>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 17:31:18 -0500 (EST)
To: www-talk@w3.org
Arjun Ray writes:

|   <clue>The browser is *mine* to use, not *yours* to command.</clue>

<bravo/>

| effectively kill the back button in Netscape.

This thread has re-raised in my mind the wish for a public port in
every browser process through which the browser accepts instructions
in a public "command language".  That way, the user could wire in
private functionality on-the-fly much the way one now does with Emacs.

In an ideal world one would have separate http client and xml
formatting modules: different (independently written) OS processes
that communicate with each other and receive user instructions
this way.

                                      -- Bill