linking in frames

From: Catherine Sherman <catherine_sherman@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 10:06:09 EDT
To: www-talk@w3.org
Ok, I've looked everywhere and I'm desperate.  Someone please help!

Here's my situation:

I have a frames document with 2 frames: one is a navigation bar, and the
other is a main content frame.  From an OUTSIDE DOCUMENT, I would like to
create a hyperlink that loads my frames page, and loads a specific page into
the main content frame.  However, the page I would like to load is different
from the default page for that frame as set up in my frames definition.

Is there a way to target a specific frame in a document from a link that is
in a completely different document?

Please help!  I'm on a deadline...

Thanks!

Katie