RE: user agent label format

It seems that despite the fact that most agents (at least the ones I pulled
off my server logs) follow the format specified in the HTTP spec, it's
still impossible to determine with 100% accuracy the agent's make, model,
os platform, etc., since most of this info is stored in an unstructured
comment field.  Is there any work done on trying to further standardize the
agent data?

Thanks
Dmitry Beransky