Re: How does PUT work?

Hello!

Ashish Deshpande wrote:
> I'm writing an HTTP client under solaris 2.6. I'm using apache 1.3 as HTTP
> server.
> Can anyone tell me how to issue a PUT command?
> I tried sending "PUT /filename\r\n". The server responded with "405 method
> not supported for this
> URL". Is it because of the settings of the server or anything else needs
> to be passed with PUT?
> I have added PUT in "Limit" field  for the document root directory as well
> as for this particular URL.
>
> Could someone please help?

I am not sure but at least earlier versions of Apache
did not support PUT/DELETE methods by default.
Anyhow there is apache module for that. (Sorry but I
can not remeber the name of the module by heart. Try
http://www.apache.org)

Cheers,

  .: T :.

--
 If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?