passing file as parm to cgi

From: Dave Barr <dave_barr@phoenix.com>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 17:11:17 -0700
To: <www-talk@w3.org>
I want to put a file on a http server and run a script to process that file.
Can anybody tell me how this should be done. At the moment I am thinking
that I will do a PUT, and then call a CGI script which knows the name of the
file and it's location and processes the file. However this seems a bit
cumbersome to me since it involves 2 separate http requests.

My question is how do I run a CGI script on a server, passing in a file as a
parameter?

Thanks for any info.

Dave

Dave Barr
Phoenix Technologies
411 E. Plumeria Drive, San Jose, CA, 95054
Web: http://www.phoenix.com/pico
Email: dave_barr@phoenix.com
Direct: 408 570 1557
Fax: 408 570 1324