Re: SVG and HTML

From: Mike Meyer <mwm@phone.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 12:35:26 -0700 (PDT)
To: www-talk@w3.org
On Thu, 29 Jul 1999, Dmitry Beransky wrote:
:->I've just read Janus Boye's artical "SVG - What's in it for us?" [1].  Am I
:->crazy to think that as soon as we have SVG supported by major browsers and
:->designing tools like Adobe's Illustrator or Macromedia's Flash or Freehand,
:->(X)HTML, and more importantly the concept of structural markup, will slowly
:->wither away?

No, it won't whither away. Just as you can still find a small
percentage of sites that actually have correct markup and care about
supporting browsers other than the big two, you'll always find a small
percentage of sites that care about the speed a page loads and
honoring the users preferences. From the looks of things, (X)HTML will
work better for those people than SVG.

	<mike