Re: Coping with browsers (e.g. IE4) which ignore(?) 'Connection: close' HTTP header

On Fri, 2 Oct 1998, Gary Stephens wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I'm developing a web proxy for Win95/NT and am having problems because
> IE4.01 SP1 (Win95/NT) seems to either:
>
>  * ignore the 'Connection: close' HTTP header completely (this header
> tells the browser not to maintain a persistent connection with my proxy,
> but rather to open a new socket for each request)

Well, why don't you close the connection?  You say you will, so follow
through.

Yes, if your analysis is correct then it seems like IE is not following
the spec WRT the Connection: header, but if you closed the connection that
wouldn't really matter much.