Re: Query string length

From: Derek Harding <derek@fluentcomm.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 16:36:37 -0400 (EDT)
To: "Boris Georgiev" <bge@sd-bul.bg>, <www-talk@w3.org>
The limit used to be 256 chars and was dependant on the browser (and also
the server). These days I believe many browsers and servers deal with 8k or
even more.

That said I would recommend using the POST method for large chunks of data.

Derek
---
Derek Harding
Technical Director, Fluent Communications
http://www.fluentcomm.com/~derek/
"Did I hear things, or can that little dog speak?" said Dibbler.
"He says he can't," said Victor. Dibbler hesitated.
"Well," he said, "I suppose he should know."
        -- Terry Pratchett, Moving Pictures