upload protocol

From: Ekki Thomsen <ekki7@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 10:17:09 -0500 (EST)
To: www-talk@w3.org
Hello,
is anybody out there who could help me.
I am currently writing a Java-Applet which is reading and creating files
and I would like to write them on the server where the Applet comes
from. For that I would like to use the Web-Server because it is there
anyway.

So, reading is simple, but can someone tell me something about uploading
text to the Web server which should stored in a file.

I Would appreciate, if I could know the exact http (the exact protocol).
It must be possible, because the <input type=file ...> tag of HTML is
uploading files via http.

Thanks in advanced

Ekki <ekki7@hotmail.com>