Re: Mulicast FTP program architecture - recommendations please

From: Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 06:54:29 +0200 (MET DST)
To: kendal@interlog.com (Rolande Kendal)
Cc: www-talk@w3.org
> Mulicast FTP program architecture - recommendations please.
>
> I would like to deploy a program designed to transfer large files (>50 meg)
> to multiple Internet clients. My knowledge of Internet multicast is

the right approach depends a lot on how many you mean with "multiple".
Have a look at our paper (and code) on rmdp, it might not be what you
need but there are references to other, more conventional, reliable
multicast solutions in the paper.

The stuff is at http://www.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/fec.html

	Cheers
	Luigi