GIF files

From: Jean Sini <Jean.Sini@netsurf.org>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 1997 18:20:02 -0800 (PST)
To: www-talk@www10.w3.org
Hi,

I'm trying to retrieve some .gif files from an http server from within a
program running on a Unix machine, using directly sockets and an http request
like

GET http://host/virtual_path/file.gif

on this socket. But the output I get back from the server is a corrupted
file, although the response-header is ok. The output is shorter than the
size announced by the header, and some bytes are different.

The same file can be retrieved without any problem through a usual web
browser, and, also, my code using sockets works fine on regular html
files.

Does anybody have any idea of what may be the cause of the problem ?

Thank you,
Jean.
| Jean Sini - mailto:sini@netsurf.org -  http://www.netsurf.org/~sini/ |
| 1405 Marshall St, #415, Redwood City, CA 94063 - Tel:+1.415.780.0280 |